Apply your skills and commitment to combat global warming and become part of the global movement for climate action.
One of the most powerful (and underutilized) solutions to climate change is capturing carbon in soil via regenerative agriculture practices – this approach has the potential for several times more climate impact than planting forests everywhere on Earth where forests can grow, and provides extensive side benefits.
Seqana is a newly venture-backed start-up, based in Berlin, working on this solution by building a machine learning platform for quantifying where, and how much, CO2 can be sequestered in soils around the world. Our product enables farmers, project developers, NGOs, and large corporations to profit from carbon sequestration practices, facilitating the flow of money into deployment of this approach.
Our growing team is looking for outstanding geospatial software engineering talent to help us build our cloud-based SaaS/IaaS product. We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in programming and hosting web(-mapping)-applications. You will be part of a passionate team that aims to have a direct positive impact on the world. We value proactivity, authenticity, creativity, and empathy in our company culture.
Challenges you’ll own:
- Develop our customer-facing web-mapping app and deploy it with Docker
- Closely collaborate with our clients, product, and tech team for a high-quality product
- Support our data & engineering team in setting up machine learning and data pipelines
- Help us design both static and dynamic maps and reports for our customers
Awesomeness you bring:
- Proactive can-do attitude and good communication skills
- Quick learning, adaptability and openness to change
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Good knowledge of container technologies and cloud environments
- Some experience with web-mapping (e.g. mapbox, openlayers)
- Experience with related geospatial programming and applications (e.g. postgis, geopandas, geoserver) is a big plus
Benefits you can expect:
- Work on the biggest challenge of your life
- Be part of our highly motivated team
- Witness a new business being built from the ground up and grow with our team
- Collaborative test-driven development with elements of extreme programming
- Work in a casual environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home
- Attractive compensation package
Join us if you want to advance climate action in your daily work and are open to new insights and opportunities everyday. Please, send us an email with a short motivational paragraph and your CV to email@example.com or fill out the form on the right.
Seqana is committed to building a workplace culture based on the values of proactivity, authenticity, creativity, and empathy, where equal employment opportunity is guaranteed to all applicants and team members. We are excited to build a team that celebrates diversity in all its forms.